A Bubbling Toilet Can Be a ProblemA bubbling toilet is a sign of a plumbing problem. In this article, we'll go over the common causes of a bubbling toilet and how you can diagnose with a plumber to learn how to fix it. Plus, we'll talk about Video Chat a Pro and how it can help you get plumber advice online.
Bubbling Toilets are a Sign of a Sewer Problem
There are several reasons why your toilet might be bubbling when you flush it or when other plumbing fixtures are used in the home. Here are a few of the most common causes listed by plumbers.
- Clogged Drain: A clogged drain can cause the water to back up and create air bubbles in the toilet bowl. This is often caused by flushing items that should not be flushed, such as sanitary products or baby wipes.
- Sewer Line Blockage: If the blockage is not just in your toilet's drain, but in the sewer line itself, this can also cause bubbling. This is usually caused by a buildup of debris or tree roots growing into the sewer line.
- Venting Issues: Your toilet needs to have proper ventilation to function correctly. If the vent pipe is blocked or not working correctly, it can cause bubbling.
Plumbers Show You How to Diagnose a Bubbling Toilet
Now that you know some of the common causes of a bubbling toilet, let's talk about how to fix it.
- Check for Clogs: If the problem is a clogged drain, you can try using a plunger to remove the blockage. If that doesn't work, you may need to use a plumbing snake or call a plumber
- Check the Sewer Line: If you suspect that the problem is a sewer line blockage, you'll need to call a plumber to diagnose and fix the issue.
- Check the Vent Pipe: If the problem is a venting issue, you can try clearing the vent pipe yourself. If that doesn't work, you'll need to call a plumber to fix the problem.
Learn Why Your Toilet is Bubbling
When you need help from a plumber online to fix the plumbing problem that is causing the toilet to bubble, or if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, you can use Video Chat a Pro to get plumbing advice online. With Video Chat a Pro, you can connect with a licensed plumber from the comfort of your own home.
Here's how it works:
- Choose the plumbing category and then choose a plumber
- Enter your contact information and a brief description of your problem.
- Choose a date and time for your video chat appointment.
- Connect with a plumber to learn how to fix your bubbling toilet.
Plumbers Teach You How to Fix Your Bubbling Toilet
A bubbling toilet is a sign of a plumbing problem, and it is fixable. By consulting a plumber online to ask where to check for clogs, sewer line blockages, or venting issues, you can diagnose and fix the problem. And if you need help, you can always use Video Chat with a plumber to get advice. With helpful content, you'll be able to fix the plumbing problem that is causing your toilet to bubble.